Doing laundry is a tiring chore that we cannot avoid. It's a never-ending cycle that we have to do regularly. When it comes to sorting clothes, most people tend to throw everything together without giving it much thought. However, this might not be the best approach.
Why Should You Sort Your Laundry?
Sorting your laundry may seem like an unnecessary step, but it can make a significant difference in the outcome of your wash. Here are some reasons why you should do so:
- Colour Bleeding: When you wash clothes of different colours together, there is a high chance that some colours will bleed onto other clothes. This can ruin your favourite clothes, and you may not be able to wear them again.
- Fabric Type: Different fabrics require different washing methods. For example, clothes made of wool or silk should be washed separately to prevent damage.
- Water Temperature: The water temperature you use to wash your clothes affects the fabric's quality and the wash's effectiveness. Some clothes require hot water, while others need cold water.
- Stains: Clothes with stains require special treatment to remove them. Washing them with other clothes may spread the stain to other clothes, worsening the situation.
How to Sort Your Laundry
Now that you understand the importance of sorting your laundry, let's look at how to sort it:
- Colour: Sort your clothes according to their colour. Keep whites, lights, and darks separate to prevent colour bleeding.
- Fabric Type: Separate clothes made of different fabrics. For example, separate cotton clothes from wool or silk clothes.
- Water Temperature: Some clothes need hot water, while others need cold water. Separate them accordingly.
- Stains: Stained clothes should be washed separately or pre-treated before washing.
- Size: Arrange your clothes by size, especially if you have one for different family members. This helps prevent clothes from getting lost or mixed up during washing.
Benefits of Sorting Your Laundry
Sorting your laundry may seem tedious, but it has many advantages. These include:
- Longer Lifespan for Clothes: Sorting and washing your clothes appropriately can extend their lifespan. This saves you money in the long run as you won't have to replace clothes as often.
- Cleaner Clothes: Separating your clothes ensures you use the right water temperature, detergent, and washing method for each fabric. This means that your clothes will come out cleaner and fresher.
- Saves Energy and Money: Sorting your laundry can save energy and money. When you wash clothes that require hot water with those that need cold water, you may end up using hot water for all your clothes. This wastes energy and money.
- Prevents Colour Bleeding: Sorting your clothes by colour prevents colour bleeding. This means your clothes will maintain their original colour, and you won't have to throw away clothes ruined by colour bleeding.
Sorting your laundry is a crucial step in the laundry process that many people overlook. However, it can make a significant difference in the outcome of your wash. Sorting your clothes by colour, fabric type, water temperature, and stains can extend the lifespan of your clothes, make them cleaner, save energy and money, and prevent colour bleeding.
At dobiQueen, we offer a fast and easy way to have your laundry done. Our heavy-duty industrial laundry machines and dryers can handle large loads and provide a thorough clean while being gentle on your clothes. Book our self-service laundry service in Malaysia now!